Candidates are asked if they “Agree” or “Disagree” with each statement.
1. North Carolina should pass legislation making it illegal to fire or refuse to hire someone based on their sexual orientation or gender
2. North Carolina should pass legislation making it illegal to refuse to rent or sell housing or from evicting a tenant based on sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
3. North Carolina should pass legislation making it illegal for public accommodations, such as restaurants and hotels, to deny service based on a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. (Private clubs and religious organizations are not public accommodations.)
4. Restaurants, hotels, bakeries, clothing stores or other service establishments should not be permitted to refuse service to a same-sex couple or transgender individual based on religious beliefs?
5. Transgender individuals should be able to use the restroom that best conforms to their gender identity/expression.
6. Gay conversion therapy aimed at changing a person’s sexual orientation should be illegal for minors in North Carolina. (Gay conversion therapy aimed at changing a person’s sexual orientation has been rejected by every mainstream medical and mental health organization for decades, but due to continuing discrimination and societal bias against LGBTQ people, some practitioners continue to conduct conversion therapy. Minors are especially vulnerable, and conversion therapy can lead to depression, anxiety, drug use, homelessness, and suicide.)
7. A woman’s reproductive rights should be respected.
8. Assault rifles and bump stocks should be banned.
9. There should be a pathway to citizenship for undocumented individuals who have no criminal record.
10. There should be a pathway to citizenship for undocumented individuals who have no criminal record.
11. A nonpartisan redistricting commission should be established to draw North Carolina’s Congressional and state legislative district maps.
12. An amendment to the U.S. Constitution should be passed to reverse the Citizens United Supreme Court decision.
13. North Carolina should ban capital punishment.
14. NC ranks 43rd in the nation in per student spending for education. NC should increase per student spending to equal the national average.
15. North Carolina should not allow offshore and natural gas exploration.
Paid for by the REPLACEMENTS LTD PAC
and Not Authorized by Any Candidate or Candidate’s Committee.